- What is YellBox?
- Is it really free?
- Is it hard to set up?
- What are the steps to set up a YellBox?
- Can I change the colors of my YellBox?
- Can I change the size of my YellBox?
- Can I align my YellBox in the center of the page?
- Can I add a YellBox to a forum?
- How do I delete messages or ban people?
- Can I ban whole ranges of IP addresses?
- CSS file to control how my YellBox looks? (upgraded only)
- What are moderators? (upgraded only)
- I want to cancel my subscription? (upgraded only)
What is YellBox?
YellBox is a shoutbox, a kind of chat window that lets visitors post comments and chat on your website, forum or blog.
Is it really free?
Yes, the basic YellBox is entirely free, and will remain free. There is also a paid version called the Upgraded YellBox, which has more features and capabilities.
Is it hard to set up?
If you've set up a website then you should be able to do this too. All you need do is include the piece of HTML code we give you in your page and we will take care of the rest.
What are the steps to set up a YellBox?
- Sign up for a free account.
- Log in at www.yellbox.com
- Click the 'Get code' link and follow the steps.
- Copy and paste the code into your page where you want your shoutbox to appear.
Can I change the colors of my YellBox?
Yes, you can change the colors and text styles by clicking the 'Styles' link after you log into your Admin Control Panel here on our website. Be sure to save any changes you make by clicking the Save button.
Is it possible to change the size of my YellBox?
Yes, it's easiest to do this on the 'Get code' page before you paste it all into your site. Simply change the numbers in the Width and Heigh boxes to whatever you need.
Can I align my YellBox in the center of the page?
Yes, if you change the part of your code that reads <div id="yellbox"> to <div id="yellbox" style="margin: auto;" > that should do it.
Can I add a YellBox to a forum?
- In the Admin area of your forum, choose the 'Styles' tab and click 'Templates'.
- Click 'Edit' and choose the overall_footer.html file.
- Paste your YellBox code into a suitable spot and save the changes.
How do I delete messages or ban people?
The simplest way is to do this right from the box on your page. Scroll down and click the "mod" link. Here you can log in and perform quick actions like deleting and banning. You can also log into your Admin Control Panel here on our website and click the "Edit messages" link.
Can I ban whole ranges of IP addresses?
Yes, if you leave out the last number(s) it will ban the range. For example, if you enter 100.100.100. then all IP addresses in the range 100.100.100.0 - 100.100.100.255 will be banned.
How do I use my CSS file to control how my YellBox looks?
YellBox uses 2 tables that hold the messages, the classes for these are yb_table1 and yb_table2. See an example CSS file here. This is the file used for our demo on the left hand side of this page.
What are moderators?
If you have a visitor that you trust, you can choose to make him/her a moderator. This means they will have their own username/password and can login to help you delete unwanted messages and ban pest users. Add moderators through the 'Moderators' link in your Admin Control Panel.
I want to cancel my subscription?
Your subscription to the Upgraded YellBox can be canceled at any time. Simply log into the PayPal website, locate your subscription, choose 'Details' and click the 'Cancel Subscription' button.